Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing (Frax 1550)
Laser of Beauty offers non-ablative fractional skin resurfacing laser (Frax 1550) to address a wide range of skin resurfacing or scarring concerns. Frax 1550 is a fractional non-ablative laser that has very few side effects and less downtime than ablative lasers. The Frax 1550 is specific for addressing:
- Non-ablative skin resurfacing (including but not limited to treatment of skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles)
- Treatment of pink or purple striae (stretch marks)
- Treatment of acne scars – ice-pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars, atrophic or hypertrophic.
- Treatment of surgical or trauma scars
- Treatment of improving and repairing sun damage
- Treatment of minimising age spots
Is my skin suitable?
Skin types 1-5 can be treated with the Frax 1550
How does it work?
Frax 1550 is a non-ablative fractional or fractionated laser, which means it delivers a large number of very small spots per square centimetre of skin treated. These spots go through the stratum corneum and epidermis and penetrate into the dermis. It is a non-ablative laser (meaning it does not wound and remove thin layers from the skin surface). The 1550 wavelength causes heating in the dermis, and the area of heating spreads down, below each spot, and outwards from each spot. The heated area is known as an MTZ (Micro Thermal Zone). Heating the dermis in a controlled way causes the formation of new collagen (collagen neogenesis). While treatments only last a few minutes, the replacement of collagen in the treated area is a gradual process, and continual improvements can be seen for a period of 3-6 months, post treatment.